Mreža Young Visual Artists Awards
Remont - independent art association from Belgrade and Foundation "Ilija & Mangelos" from Novi Sad announces the competition for “Dimitrije Basicević Mangelos” for year 2017
The award is given to visual artists and artists thirty five years of age, who are actively involved and work in art. The award "Dimitrije Basicevic Mangelos" is awarded for a unique and outstanding multi-year art work, for complete critical and anesthetic way of thinking and final art work competition and realisation by default.
In cooperation with the Residency Unlimited (New York) and with support from the Trust for Mutual Understanding (New York), The "Mangelos" is organized and awarded annually to an individual or individuals, in the form of residential stay in New York, for a period of 8 weeks.
Residential stay and study prize at Residency Unlimited for year 2017. Is organized in the period October - November
The award, which carries the name of important artists, founders of conceptual art practice and art historians from the former Yugoslavia, Mangelos, this year will be assigned for the sixteenth time.
- Artists and artists born after 31 December 1981 can apply for the competition
- At the competition citizens of Republic of Serbia can be registered, as well as artist who are not citizens of Republic of Serbia, but whose artistic development and professional involvement is related to the art scene in Serbia
- All candidates should have at least three years of professional/ exhibition experience, and completition of at least the basic studies
- Artist must have at least one artwork fully complete during the previous two years
- English language knowledge
The competition is open from 31 March to 5 May 2017.
Registration requires two steps:
- online, On the web site "Mangelos" awards:www.mangelosnagrada.org.rs
Online application should include a completed form on the website www.mangelosnagrada.org.rs, after which you will be given instructions by e-mail for online registration and uploading shorter versions of portfolios. You can fill in the form here: http://www.mangelosnagrada.org.rs/sr/prijava2017.php
- deliver printed portfolio to address: Remont - an independent artists association, Marsala Birjuzova. 7, Belgrade, every working day from 12 to 17h. If you want to mail the portfolio, besides specified address also must be jaded following notation: APPLICATION FOR THE CONTEST “DIMITRIJE BAŠIČEVIĆ MANGELOS”
The portfolio should include:
- Name, last name, email address, phone
- CV in Serbian and English language
- visual material - up to 10 artworks (video works can be represented in two ways: 1) By having the link at the appropriate place in the online form, if there are video works at one of a video service (YouTube, Vimeo); 2) CD / DVD with the work / works may be delivered in the Remont premises - independent art association)
- texts - brief explanations of works in Serbian and English (max 2000 characters with spaces per paper)
Note: be sure to submit the PDF portfolio on CD (max. 5 MB)
Deadline for online registration and submission of portfolios is 5. may 2017. 3:00 pm. If you are sending mail delivery portfolio, must be sent no later than 5th. of may 2017. (the stamp on the envelope).
The prize - a residential stay and study in New York:
For the winner or winners of the award the costs of visas, health insurance, travel costs, accommodation and financial support during their stay in New York, as well as a solo exhibition in Belgrade, after return from New York.
Winners choice / finalists / men and women:
Jury: Ana Bogdanovic (art historian, Art History Department, Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade), Nina Simonovic (artist, winner of awards "Mangelos" for the year 2016), Milica Pekić (art historian and curator, Kiosk - platform also for contemporary art, Belgrade), Janka Vukmir (art historian, curator and president of the Institute of contemporary art, Zagreb) and Stevan Vukovic (theorist of art, Belgrade) will select five finalists and finalists, with which they will conduct interviews to determine the winner / s awards.
Online competition material will be available in full on the website awards after 5 May 2017.
The first round of judging will take place after 15 May 2017. The second round of judging and interviews with the finalists / activists (in Serbian and English) will be organized after 20 June 2017.
All additional information can be obtained on the following contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org i +381 (0)11 3223406.
Young Visual Artists Awards:
Wendy w. Luers, founder and Director of the Foundation for civil society (Foundation for a Civil Society) is 1990. year, together with President Vaclav Havel as a group of artists and dissidents in Czechoslovakia, Jindrich Chalupecky Award founded, with the idea that artists younger than age 35 acnowledge artistic excellence and to enable their stay expierence in the United States. With the support of the Trust for Mutual Understanding in New York, Young Visual Artists Awards program developed over the years as an international network of similar awards, in which are included following countires: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Serbia. Residency Unlimited (RU) is the organiser of THIS and a host of residential stays in New York City by 2015. year.
Residency Unlimited (RU) is dedicated to the presentation, production and promotion of contemporary art through a number of activities within the residential and public programs. Located in Brooklyn, RU functions like kind of hub, a dynamic space in which artists meetings are organised, curators, art professionals, exhibitions, screenings and discursive programs are also part of meeetings. In collaboration with institutions, organizations and individuals from New York, the United States and internationally. RU in the last few years initiates and develops various forms of professional support to users of residential program.
“Dimitrije Basicevic Mangelos” Award / Open call 2017! For English, please follow the link: http://www.mangelosnagrada.org.rs/eng/index.php